- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 500g turkey mince
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup cranberry Sauce
- 2 tbsp sage leaves, finely chopped
- - salt & pepper, to taste
- 6 Sheets Pampas shortcrust pastry
- 125g camembert cheese, cut into 12 wedges
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 220°C / 200°C fan forced. Heat a pan to medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent, set aside to cool.
- In a bowl mix the turkey mince, cranberries, sage leaves and cooled onion and garlic mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay pastry on a benchtop and cut 2 x 14 cm rounds from each sheet. Cut out a small triangular shaped piece from the top of each pastry round, approx. 3cm in length towards centre of round and 2 ½ cm across the outer edge. Repeat this at the bottom and each side of the pastry round.
- Press pastry rounds into muffin pans, overlapping and pressing together slightly where cuts were made. Place a tablespoon of turkey mixture into each, followed by a wedge of camembert and teaspoon of cranberry sauce. Spoon another tablespoon of turkey mixture over the top.
- Bring towards the edges of the pastry to the centre, overlapping to enclose. Brush the top with egg wash. You will have a small steam hole in the centre. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until pastry is golden. Serve while hot with extra cranberry sauce