- 2 sheets PAMPAS Puff Pastry, thawed
- 250g pumpkin peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ red onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 250g fresh ricotta
- 40g feta, crumbled
- 2 tbsp pinenuts, toasted
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 egg lightly whisked
- For sprinkling Sunflower kernels
- For serving Sweet chilli sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Boil pumpkin in a saucepan of water until tender. Drain, and mash until smooth and set aside to cool.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and cumin. Cooking for several minutes until onion is tender. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled pumpkin and onion mixtures with the ricotta, feta and pinenuts. Mix well and season to taste.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 4 even squares. Divide ricotta mixture along the centre of each pastry square. Brush one edge lightly with egg wash and fold over to encase filling with seam underneath.
- Place onto lined oven trays and brush with more egg wash and sprinkle with kernels. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until pastry is golden and crisp. Serve warm with sweet chilli sauce.