Prep time10 minutes
Cooking25 minutes + CHILLING
- 12 Pampas Sweet Shortcrust Tartlets
- 130g soft ricotta
- 2 tbspns caster sugar
- 1 tbspn cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tspn finely grated lemon rind
- 250g strawberries, hulled, halved or quartered
- 2 tspns balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 220˚C conventional or 200˚C fan-forced. Place strawberries, sugar and vinegar in a small baking dish and toss to coat. Roast for 8 minutes or until strawberries have softened and sugar has dissolved. Transfer to a bowl and chill until cold.
- Reduce heat to 180˚C conventional or 160˚C fan-forced. Place tart tins on a large baking tray.
- Whisk ricotta, 1 tablespoon of sugar, cream, egg and rind until smooth. Pour ricotta mixture into tart shell. Bake for 14 minutes or until filling is just set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Top tarts with strawberries and syrup. Serve immediately. TIP Only pour the roasted strawberries onto the tart when ready to serve as the syrup will soften the tart shell.