Prep time10 mins
Pulled Pork & Vegetable Pie
Have leftover Pork from dinner last night but don't want to have the same boring old meal?
Fortunately, we've got a range of "Re-Pie-Cling" ideas for you to help create boring left overs into exciting meal ideas - we're all about turning today's food into tomorrow's meals.
- 400g Pork Shoulder
- 1 Pampas Puff Pastry
- ½ brown onion
- ½ cup Diced carrots
- ½ cup Frozen peas
- ½ cup Diced potato
- 3 Tbsp Tomato paste
- ½ cup Cornwell's Apple Cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Using your leftover pork from last nights dinner: Heat 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil in a fry pan
- Cook brown onion until soft. Add carrots, peas and potato in a pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and mustard into the soft vegetable mix. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add left over roast pork into the vegetable mix and simmer for a further 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Strain liquid sauce from the pork and vegetable mixture. Reduce the sauce in a small sauce pan for a further 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is being reduced, use fork to gently pull the pork apart.
- Divide the pulled pork and vegetable mixture into 4 ramekins and pour sauce equally into each ramekin.
- Place pre-cut frozen pastry sheets on top of the ramekin.
- Brush the top of pastry sheets with lightly beaten egg.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.