- 600g stone fruit (such as plums or apricots)
- 3 tbs sugar
- ½ Juice of a lemon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs flour
- 1 sheet Pampas Shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 3 (36g) each Butternut biscuits, finely crushed
- 2 tsp butter, cut into small bits
- 1 egg, beaten with a little milk
- 1 tbs raw sugar, for sprinkling
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Pit and slice stone fruit and halve. Add fruit to a medium bowl with sugar and lemon juice, gently tossing to combine. Let sit for 10 minutes. Add vanilla and flour, gently stirring until combined. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and place a rack in the middle position. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside. Place shortcrust on baking tray and cut away edges to form a rough circle. Sprinkle evenly with crushed biscuits.
- Spoon all fruit and juices into the centre of the dough, forming a 15cm circle.
- Fold the dough up around the filling. Start by folding one edge across the filling. Fold an adjacent edge the same way. There will be a pleat between the two edges. Repeat this process around the entire galette. Dot the top of the filling with butter bits. Brush egg mixture lightly over the exposed dough (egg wash). Sprinkle everything with raw sugar.
- Bake galette for 20-30 minutes, until the crust is golden brown. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving and slicing. Serve with vanilla ice cream.