- 2 Packs Pampas Sweet Tart Cases
- 820g Ready made fruit mince
- 1/4 Cup White Wings plain flour
- 1/2 Tspn Ground cinnamon
- 25g Chopped chilled butter
- 1 Tbspn Brown sugar
- 20g Slivered almonds
- 2 Egg whites
- 100g Caster sugar
- 2 Sheets Pampas fillo pastry
- Pure icing sugar, a dusting
Wow your friends and family with these Xmas tarts made 3 ways
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Place pastry cases on 2 oven trays. Do not remove foil. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Fill each pastry case with 1 tablespoon fruit mince (see note).
- Place flour, cinnamon and butter in a small bowl. Rub butter into flour with your fingertips. Stir in sugar and almonds. Sprinkle mixture over 8 of the tarts.
- Place egg whites in a mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat on a medium speed until firm peaks form. Gradually beat in caster sugar on a high speed, then beat for 4 minutes longer or until thick and glossy. Pipe or spread meringue onto 8 of the tarts.
- Cut each sheet of fillo pastry into 4 pieces. Scrunch a piece of fillo and place on top of a tart. Repeat with remaining 7 pieces of filo and remaining 7 tarts.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until pastry edges and toppings are browned. Allow to cool. Carefully remove tarts from foil. Dust filo pastry and crumble tarts with icing sugar.