Prep time5 minutes
- 1 sheet PAMPAS Puff Pastry, defrosted
- 250g round brie or camembert
- 1 tbsp quince paste
- 1 egg lightly whisked with 1 tbsp water
- ¼ tsp fennel seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Place pastry sheet onto oven tray and put brie in the centre of the pastry. Spread quince paste evenly over the top of brie.
- Brush edges of pastry lightly with the egg wash. Bring edges up to the top of brie one by one to form a parcel enclosing the brie.
- Brush outside of the parcel with the remaining egg wash and sprinkle the top with fennel seeds. Bake for 25 minutes until pastry is golden. Allow to sit for 20 minutes before serving, so cheese has time to set slightly. Serve with vegetable crudites, grapes and crackers.
- Tips: Pre-wrap the brie and keep covered and refrigerated until required. Substitute the brie with camembert or a blue brie. Substitute quince paste with caramelised onions, cranberry sauce, thin pear slices...