- 1½ sheets Pampas shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 leek, pale part only, sliced
- 100g sliced smoked salmon, coarsely chopped
- 100g chilled brie, thinly sliced
- 3 eggs
- 80mL (1/3 cup) cream
- 80mL (1/3 cup) milk
- 1 tbs fresh dill leaves, coarsely chopped
- A pinch salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease a 22.5cm (base measurement) x 3.5cm deep loose bottom fluted flan tin. Line tin with the pastry, overlapping and cutting to fit, pressing joins together. Trim off any excess with a knife, then piece pastry lightly with a fork. Line with a piece of baking paper and fill with pastry weights or rice, pushing into the corners. Place on a baking tray. Bake 15 minutes. Remove pastry weights and paper from pastry shell. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Bake for a further 10 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a small frying pan over a medium-low heat. Add leek and cook stirring occasionally for 10 minutes until soft. Reduce heat if leek starts to brown. Place in a bowl and set aside to cool slightly.
- Spread leek over base of pastry shell. Top with salmon and brie. Place eggs, cream, milk, dill, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and whisk until combined. Carefully pour over filling. Bake 35 minutes or until just set.
- Serve with a mixed green salad
- Tip: If you prefer, use camembert in place of brie.