- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 1½ tsp chopped ginger
- ½ tsp crushed red chilli flakes, optional
- 500g beef mince
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup green pitted olives, chopped
- 3 sheets Pampas Butter Puff Pastry, thawed
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until softened. Add garlic and spices and fry until fragrant.
- Add mince and brown for 8–10 minutes, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Add tomato paste and olives and stir through. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 220°C. Lay pastry sheets flat on a workbench and cut 10cm circles using a cutter. Otherwise cut pastry into 4 even squares. Place about 3 tablespoons of filling in the centre of each circle. Fold pastry in half over the filling, forming a half circle, then use your fingers to gently press and seal the edges.
- Place turnovers on a lined baking tray; bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.