- 2 sheets PAMPAS Puff pastry, thawed
- - Canola spray
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fine grated lemon zest
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 125g butter cubed
- - coconut flakes, toasted
- 54 candy coated chocolate Easter eggs
- Combine lemon juice, zest, sugar, 3 eggs and butter in a medium saucepan over low-medium heat until whisk leaves trails in the curd and it just begins to bubble. Allow to cool completely before transferring to a piping bag. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
- Cut sheets of puff pastry into 9 squares. Spray muffin tin with canola spray then place pastry square into each cavity and brush with egg wash. Bake for 20 minutes until golden then remove from tin and cool.
- Pipe lemon curd into centre of pastries and top with toasted coconut. Finish each by placing 3 candy coated Easter eggs in nest.