- ½ cup sauerkraut, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 tbs pickle relish
- 1 sheet Pampas Puff pastry
- 30g Gruyere cheese, shredded (about ½ cup)
- 8 cocktail sausages or mini franks
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Caraway or cumin seeds, for topping
- Wholegrain Dijon mustard, for serving
- Preheat oven to 220°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the sauerkraut and relish in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cut each pastry sheet in 4 long strips of about 4 cm widths. Cut halfway into 8 shorter strips.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of the sauerkraut-relish mixture on each strip of dough, leaving a 1cm border on one short end. Sprinkle with the cheese. Place 1 small sausage on each strip of pastry and roll the pastry around the sausage, pressing lightly to seal.
- Transfer to the baking sheet seam-side down; brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle with caraway seeds. Bake until the pastry is puffed up and golden, about 15 minutes. Serve with wholegrain mustard.