- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- 1½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 sheets Pampas Puff Pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup white chocolate melts
- - chopped pistachios, to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Place the raspberries, brown sugar and cornflour in a saucepan on medium heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally until thickened. Set aside and cool.
- Lay the two sheets of pastry on top of each other onto a lined baking tray. Cut a Christmas tree into the two sheets of puff pastry. With the trimmings, cut out a star for the top of the tree.
- Set aside the top layer of pastry. Spread the cooled raspberry mixture, reserving 1 tbsp worth, on the bottom layer of pastry and place the top layer back on. Place the remaining 1 tbsp of raspberry mixture between the two star shapes and place at the top of the tree.
- Cut 1cm thick strips up the Christmas tree from the outside to line up with the tree trunk. Beginning at the base, twist the strips in the same direction to create the branches.
- Brush the tree with the egg wash and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Melt the white chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave and drizzle over the tree. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios. Serve immediately and dip into any remaining white chocolate.