- 1 sheet PAMPAS Shortcrust Pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly whisked with 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp crushed peanuts
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- ¼ cup pouring cream
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tsp cocoa
- 6 scoops chocolate ice-cream
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Cut 12, 6.5cm rounds from pastry sheet. Place onto baking tray and brush each with egg wash.
- Sprinkle the peanuts over 6 of the rounds, then sprinkle the sugar evenly over all of the pastry rounds. Bake for 10 minutes, until golden. Allow to cool.
- Heat cream in a small saucepan until just boiling and pour over chocolate and cocoa in a bowl. Whisk well until smooth and chocolate has melted. Allow to cool and refrigerate until required.
- For serving, place the plain sugar rounds onto plates and top with a scoop of ice-cream. Top each scoop with a peanut round, pressing lightly to squash the ice-cream. Drizzle with warmed chocolate sauce. Enjoy immediately. Tips: Pastry rounds and chocolate sauce can both be made in advance and used as required. Store pastry rounds in a sealed container.