Prep time20 minutes
- ½ cup thickened cream
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup caramel spread or dulce de leche
- 1 cup thickened cream, whipped
- 50g dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- Pretzels half choc-dipped
- Popcorn topped with caramel
Create a decadent tart with caramel and chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180°C conventional or 160°C fan forced. Place pastry case on an oven tray (do not remove foil) and bake for 20 minutes or until firm. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- To make filling (ganache), bring cream to the boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and pour over chopped chocolate and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth and glossy.
- Spread caramel sread over base of tart. Top with ganache. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Topping - Spread whipped cream over ganache and drizzle with chocolate. Decorate with pretzels and caramel popcorn.