- 2 cups canned pie apples, roughly chopped
- 4 sheets Pampas Shortcrust Pastry, thawed
- 6 store-bought soft Jersey caramels, halved
- 1 whisked egg (for egg wash)
- 1 tbs milk (for egg wash)
- raw sugar for spinkling
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Grease mini muffin tin. Set aside.
- Cut out 12 mini circles that fit into the muffin tin (6.5cm) and another 12 for the lids (4.5cm). Slightly press circles into the muffin holes and fill with 1 heaped teaspoon apples followed by a soft caramel cube.
- Place pastry lid over the top and press edges with a fork to seal. Cut a slit in the top for steam to escape.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack.