- 2½ sheets Pampas butter puff pastry, thawed
- 4 2cm thick trimmed eye fillet steaks (125g each)
- 2 tbs Crisco Canola oil
- 80g peppered pate
- 75g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 220ºC. Line a shallow sided baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Brush steaks with oil. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add steaks, turning frequently for 1 minute or until browned all over. Set aside on a large plate lined with paper towel. Cool.
- Spread top of each steak with pate, then press mushrooms onto pate. Cut a pastry sheet in half to form 2 rectangles. Repeat with other whole pastry sheet (a total of 4 rectangles). Place a piece of steak (mushroom side down) lengthways down the center of a rectangle of pastry. Brush the top and bottom edges of the pastry with egg. Turn long pastry sides up against the long sides of the fillet, then cover the fillet with remaining flaps of pastry, pressing pastry edges to secure filling. Place onto prepared tray, seam side down. Continue with remaining 3 fillets and 3 pastry rectangles.
- Cut decorative shapes from remaining half pastry sheet and place on the Beef Wellingtons. Brush lightly with egg, then bake 20 minutes or until golden. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with steamed snow peas and yellow squash.
- Tip: Alternatively, use a 500g whole piece of trimmed eye fillet and cut crossways into 4 pieces.