- 1½ tbs instant espresso powder
- 300 ml cold thickened cream
- 3 tbs sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom or cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 sheet Pampas Shortcrust Pastry, partially thawed
- 150g dark chocolate melts
- ⅓ cup chopped pistachios
- In a medium bowl, combine espresso powder with a small amount cream and stir until powder dissolves. Stir in remaining cream, condensed milk, cardamom, and pinch of salt. Whisk until medium but not firm peaks form.
- Spoon espresso cream into glasses (200ml capacity) and refrigerate until ready to serve (up to 2 days).
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lay shortcrust on workbench and cut spoon shapes with a knife using a spoon as a template or use a cookie cutter. Place pastry on a lined baking tray. Bake pastry for 10minutes or until golden. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave in short bursts or in a small saucepan on low heat. Dip cool pastry spoons halfway in chocolate and let dry on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle espresso mousse with chopped pistachios and serve with pastry dipping spoons.