- 3 sheets Pampas shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 1 can non-stick cooking spray
- To Make Filling
- 800g can pie apple slices
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 Tbsp raw sugar
- 2 tsp raw sugar for sprinkling (you can also use Demerara sugar)
- 1 Tbsp White Wings Plain Flour
- 1 Tbsp White Wings Cornflour
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1 (59g) Egg, well beaten
- 1 Ready-made vanilla custard, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220ºC/200°C fan-forced. Place an oven tray in the lower half of the oven. Spray a 23cm x 3cm deep pie dish with non-stick cooking spray. Line the pie dish using 2 sheets of pastry, in a single layer, slightly overlapping and cutting to fit. Press joins together.
- Place apple and blueberries in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour, cornflour and spices. Sprinkle flour mixture over the top of apple mixture and stir to combine. Place in pastry lined dish. Lightly brush edges of pastry with beaten egg.
- Top with remaining pastry sheet. Seal edges with your thumb or a fork and trim overhanging pastry. Brush top of pie with egg, then sprinkle with extra sugar. Make 5 or 6 incisions in the pastry with a sharp knife. Place pie on heated oven tray and bake 25 minutes. Reduce temperature to 200°C/180°C fan forced and bake for a further 30-40 minutes. Allow to rest for at least 10 minutes before serving. Serve hot or cold with custard.