Prep time10 mins
- 3 sheets Pampas Puff Pastry
- 300g Last nights curry and rice
- 1 sml bunch Coriander
- 1 tub Yoghurt
To make a Lamb Curry the first night to use as leftovers in your pie the next night, follow the below recipe:
4Tbsp olive oil
1 brown onion, peeled and diced
1 carrot, finely diced
3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
3 cm piece ginger, chopped finely
4 coriander roots with stalk, washed and finely cut
1kg diced lamb leg, 2cm sized pieces
3/4 cup korma curry paste
1 cup stock, whatever kind. Or water
½ cup natural yoghurt
1 cup peas
½ t salt
½ coriander leafs
Heat 2Tbsp of the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
Add the onion and carrot. Cook for 3 minutes stirring often.
Pour the onions and carrot into a bowl on the side and return the pan to the heat.
Turn to high and add 1T of olive oil and half the lamb.
Cook for about 2 minutes stirring often until the lamb is browned. Tip the lamb into the bowl with the onions and carrots. Repeat this process with the remaining lamb.
Once it’s browned add the other lamb and vegetable back to the pot.
Add the yoghurt and stock.
Stir well and bring to the boil. Add the salt.
Turn the heat to a low simmer and leave to cook for 40 minutes stirring ever 10.
Test the lamb to make sure its tender.
Add the peas and turn up the heat to a boil to reduce it cook the peas and reduce the sauce.
If the sauce reduces too much whilst cooking add a splash of water.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C (fan-forced), 200°C (conventional).
- Let 3 sheets of Puff Pastry thaw out on the bench.
- Cut each sheet in quarters.
- Take a spoon of your curry mixture and place in the centre of each smaller square.
- Bring opposite corners up to a point and pinch together. Pinch closed the parcel edges, making sure you remove as much air as possible from the parcel.
- Fold over the pastry edged to create a seal. Repeat steps 3 - 5 for each curry parcel.
- Place curry parcels on a tray lined with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk one egg. Brush the egg over each parcel. Ensure you coat your pastry evenly to achieve an evenly cooked, golden colour.
- Place your tray in the oven, and cook for 15-20 mins.
- Remove from the oven, and sprinkle with coriander leaves. Serve with a side of yoghurt.