- 1 sheet Pampas Puff pastry, partially thawed
- 2 pears
- ½ juice of a lemon
- 40g butter, melted
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbs almond meal
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 300 ml thickened cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Cut the puff pastry into three rectangles and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Peel, quarter and core pears, then slice thinly. Mix together pear slices and lemon juice in a small bowl and set aside.
- Stir together the butter, sugar, vanilla extract and ginger. Using a pastry brush, generously brush the top of the puff pastry with the butter mixture. Leaving a 1cm border all around. Sprinkle with almond meal, approx. 3 teaspoons for each rectangle.
- Layer the pear slices on top of the puff pastry. Brush the top of the pears with the remaining butter mixture and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for five minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream.