- 1 sheet Pampas Butter puff pastry, thawed
- 100g frozen cherries, thawed (or can of cherries, drained)
- 1 tbs sifted pure icing sugar, plus extra to serve
- 52g chocolate coated cherry bar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbs flaked almonds
- 1 thick cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line an oven tray with non-stick baking paper. Combine cherries and icing sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Use an 8 cm fluted round cutter to cut 8 circles from the pastry sheet. Place 4 circles on prepared tray.
- Cut chocolate coated cherry bar into 4 pieces. Place one piece in the centre of each of the 4 pastry circles on the tray and lightly brush around edges of pastry with egg. Place reserved pastry rounds on top, then press pastry edges together to form a seal.
- Brush with egg and top with flaked almonds. Bake 15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Allow to stand 5 minutes before dusting with icing sugar. Serve with marinated cherries and cream.
- Tip: If you do not have a fluted cutter, use the rim of a glass to cut pastry circles. For an adult treat add 2 tsp of your favourite liqueur at step 1